svētdiena, 2011. gada 8. maijs
In Sunday we saw around Oslo. First we went to the Gustav Vigeland’s Sculpture Park. The park contains 192 sculptures with more than 600 figures, all modeled in full size by Gustav Vigeland without the assistance of pupils or other artists. Vigeland also designed the architectural setting and the layout of the grounds.
The initial point of the park sculptures are the Fountain. Vigeland added many more sculptures to the project - granite sculptures that eventually were placed around the later Monolith. In 1924, the City of Oslo decided that the whole project should be fulfilled in the Frogner Park, later called Vigeland Park.
After exciting park, we went to Oslo Opera House. The Oslo Opera House is the home of The Norwegian National Opera and Ballet, and the national opera theatre in Norway. The structure contains 1100 rooms in a total area of 38,500 m2. The main auditorium seats 1364 seats and two other performance spaces that can seat 200 and 400. The main stage is 16 m wide and 40 m deep. The angled exterior surfaces of the building are covered with Italian marble and white granite and make it appear to rise from the water.
After Opera House inspection, we had a meal in Opera House restaraunt.